How much do you know about birds? Can you identify the species that you see in your backyard?
Visit the Deering Estate, 16701 SW 72 Ave., on Saturday, Nov. 19, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m, for the annual “Deering Goes to the Birds” event. Visitors can connect with local bird conservation and rehabilitation organizations, explore the Deering Estate’s natural areas and go on bird walks led by local birding experts and enthusiasts.
Activities and programs include:
• A morning bird walk through the Deering Estate’s Tropical Hardwood Hammock at 7:30 a.m.;
• A bird release at 11 a.m.;
• An inaugural bird walk at the Deering Flow-way at 3 p.m.;
• Youth activities throughout the day such as owl pellet dissections, nest design and build-a-bird activities;
• Historic House Tours at 10:30 a.m. and 3 p.m., and
• A Natural Areas Tour at 12:30 p.m.
Bring a picnic lunch so that you can enjoy the full event offerings. Note that there will be no food vendors at this event. Reduced admission: $7 for ages 4 and older. The event is free for Deering Estate Foundation members.
For more information, visit the Deering Estate website at www.deeringestate.org or call 305-235-1668, ext. 242.