Nominations are being accepted for the 29th annual In the Company of Women Awards Ceremony in celebration of Women’s History Month, scheduled for Mar. 8, 2017 at the Coral Gables Country Club.
Hosted by the Parks Foundation of Miami-Dade, in partnership with the Miami-Dade County Commission for Women and Miami-Dade Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Department, In the Company of Women recognizes women who have shown professional development, community responsibility, contribution to women’s progress, leadership and vision, and promotion of pluralism, in the following 12 categories:
• Outstanding Woman in Arts and Entertainment;
• Outstanding Woman in Business and Economics;
• Outstanding Woman in Communications and Literature;
• Outstanding Woman in Education and Research;
• Outstanding Woman in Government and Law, Elected;
• Outstanding Woman in Government and Law, Non-elected;
• Outstanding Woman in Health and Human Services;
• Outstanding Woman in Science and Technology;
• Outstanding Woman in Sports and Athletics;
• Mayor’s Pioneer Award;
• Community Spirit Award, and
• Posthumous Award.
To nominate an outstanding woman, visit www.miamidade.gov/parks/company-of-women.asp. Nominations can be done online digitally or download a hard copy of the nomination form and mail back with accompanying materials to: Laura Morilla, Executive Director, Miami-Dade County Commission for Women, 111 NW First Street, Suite 1034, Miami, FL, 33128. Nomination packages must be postmarked by Friday, Oct. 14, 2016. Past recipients of the In the Company of Women award are not eligible for nomination. Nominations that fail to meet the application deadline, or that are incomplete will be automatically disqualified. Nominations will not be accepted via email.
For more information and for a list of past award recipients, go to www.miamidade.gov/parks/company-of-women.asp or contact Laura Morilla at 305-375-4967, or Vivian Greer-Digon at 305-480-1717.