Place Your of Dissolution of Marriage Notice


To view our Legal Notices Archive, CLICK HERE!

To file for a Notice for Dissolution Marriage, click here or the form above!

After completing the form, send it back to Once we have received the completed form, we will contact you to confirm the print date and payment information.

For a step-by-step guide on how to fill out any one of our available legal forms for Miami-Dade County, visit our Legals Page by clicking here!

What is a Dissolution of Marriage?

A Dissolution of Marriage, also known as a divorce, is an action to terminate the contract of marriage.

There are 3 Types of Divorce in Florida: Simplified, Uncontested and Contested

These matters are governed by the laws from the Florida Statute, (courtesy of the State of Florida) and the Florida Family Law Rules of Procedure. Below are the following facts that are generally pleaded for a dissolution of marriage to be granted in the state of Florida:

  • The marriage is irretrievably broken.
  • Mental incapacity of one of the parties

The court shall dispose of the petition for dissolution of marriage when the petition is based on the allegation that the marriage is irretrievably broken as follows:

  • If there is no minor child of the marriage and if the responding party does not, by answer to the petition for dissolution, deny that the marriage is irretrievably broken, the court shall enter a judgment of dissolution of the marriage if the court finds that the marriage is irretrievably broken.
  • When there is a minor child of the marriage, or when the responding party denies by answer to the petition for dissolution that the marriage is irretrievably broken, the court may:
    • 1. Order either or both parties to consult with a marriage counselor, psychologist, psychiatrist, minister, priest, rabbi, or any other person deemed qualified by the court and acceptable to the party or parties ordered to seek consultation; or
    • 2. Continue the proceedings for a reasonable length of time not to exceed 3 months, to enable the parties themselves to effect a reconciliation; or
    • 3. Take such other action as may be in the best interest of the parties and the minor child of the marriage.

For a full and in-depth analysis of the requirements of a divorce in Miami-Dade, read over the Florida Statue §61.052 – Dissolution of Marriage.

There’s no requirement to hire a lawyer to file for a divorce in Florida. However, if you have questions about your case, or you and your spouse do not agree on the divorce, we advise you to consult a legal expert such as a lawyer to review any documents that you may or may not have before moving forward. It’s not required, but highly suggested. The court is not allowed to answer questions about your case or to give advice about your rights.

If you move forward without knowing your rights, you might lose important property or child custody rights forever.

This is why it’s of upmost importance to gain proper guidance in a process like a divorce in the state of Florida; especially in Miami! For the most up-to-date list of qualified attorneys, visit the Florida Bar website!

In the case of placing your of Dissolution of Marriage Notice by A Notice by Publication, the form on this page must be filled out and sent back to our legal department, If there happens to be a fallout and you’re unable to contact and/or locate your spouse, it’s important to remain consistent and persistent in getting the process completed. To accomplish this, it’s best for A Notice of Publication.

What is a Notice by Publication?

A Notice of Publication is used when legal action has been taken against a defendant, and the said defendant is unable to be found. The defendant may have left the city, county or state without providing a forwarding address to accept delivery of the legal documents. In most cases, courts require the plaintiff to attempt all other forms of delivery to serve the defendant before allowing service by publication. In a situation like this, the courts may allow a Notice by Publication. Notice by Publication is when a plaintiff notifies a defendant of a lawsuit by publishing a notice in a court-approved newspaper or other publication. This type of notice is called a Constructive Notice. Here are a list of all the Constructive Notice forms we offer:

Notice of Action/ Constructive Service – Notice by Publication
Notice of Action/ Dissolution of Marriage
Notice to Creditors – Probate Division
Notice of Sale (Vehicles)
Notice of Fictitious Name

While the defendant may not have formally received a notice, publishing information about the lawsuit publicly is sufficient to fulfill the notice requirement. Soon there after, the lawsuit may begin.

For more information contact call us at 305-284-7376!

Miami’s Community Newspapers is your one-stop shop for legal notices in Miami-Dade County.