As Florida continues to move towards normalcy in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Homestead will be reopening the following facilities to the public effective Monday, May 3, 2021: City Hall, Community Redevelopment Agency, Development Services, Parks & Recreation, and the Solid Waste Drop Site. The Drop Site will be open 8am – 4pm Monday – Saturday and 8am – 12pm Sundays. All other facilities will be open 8am – 5pm Monday – Friday. Residents are still encouraged to conduct business online or over the phone if possible by visitingor calling 305-224-4400.
To allow for continued efficient processing of online permit submissions Development Services will be operating with modified in-person service hours as follows:
· Building Permit Walk-In Service Hours: 8am – 12pm Monday – Friday
· Building Inspector Office Hours – 8am – 8:30am Monday – Friday
· Zoning Questions Walk-In Hours – Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays 8am – 10am
· Planning Information meetings are by appointment and can be scheduled by calling 305-224-4529
· Business Licensing meetings are by appointment and can be scheduled by calling 305-224-4504
· Central Collections will close at 4pm daily
All visitors will be required to obey COVID-19 precautions when visiting City facilities such as wearing of facial coverings, social distancing, and interior capacity limits.
For more information please contact City of Homestead Assistant to the City Manager Zackery Good at 305-224-4448 or at