Do you know an amazing woman leader, activist, or hero? She may be someone who inspires and motivates.
From now through Oct. 12, consider nominating her for the 31st annual In the Company of Women Awards, recognizing the achievements of exceptional Miami-Dade women leaders who have shaped the community.
The awards ceremony, scheduled for Mar. 7, 2019, commemorates March’s Women’s History Month and International Women’s Day. Presented by the Miami-Dade Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces Department, in partnership with the Miami-Dade Commission for Women and the Parks Foundation of Miami-Dade, the In the Company of Women honors women who have shown professional development, community responsibility, contribution to women’s progress, leadership and vision, and promotion of pluralism, in the following categories:
• Outstanding Woman in Arts and Entertainment;
• Outstanding Woman in Business and Economics;
• Outstanding Woman in Communications and Literature;
• Outstanding Woman in Education and Research;
• Outstanding Woman in Government and Law Elected;
• Outstanding Woman in Government and Law Non-elected;
• Outstanding Woman in Health and Human Services;
• Outstanding Woman in Science and Technology;
• Outstanding Woman in Sports and Athletics;
• Outstanding Woman Under 40;
• Mayor’s Pioneer Award;
• Community Spirit Award, and
• Posthumous Award.
Nominations with supporting entry materials may be submitted digitally online, or a hard copy format mailed to: Laura Morilla, Executive Director, Miami-Dade County Commission for Women, 111 NW First St., Suite 1034, Miami, FL, 33128, and must be postmarked no later than Oct. 12.
Email entries will not be accepted. Nominations that fail to meet the stated deadline or criteria, will be automatically disqualified. Award winners from previous years, are not eligible.
Details can be found on the In the Company of Women Web page. For additional information, contact Laura Morilla at 305-375-4967, or Vivian Greer-Digon at 305-480-1717.