Please join us in the Commission Chambers at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, September 18, 2014. The meeting opens with five special presentations:
• Employee recognition Certificates of Appreciation to be presented to Paola Villa, Building Department Manager, and Police Officer Tifany Stephenson.
•A proclamation to be presented proclaiming September, 2014 as “Childhood Cancer Awareness Month” in the City of Sunny Isles Beach.
• A presentation honoring the City of Sunny Isles Beach with the Government Finance Officers Assoc. Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting for FY 2012/2013.
• A special presentation to former City Commissioners Roslyn Brezin and Gerry Goodman for their dedicated services to the City of Sunny Isles Beach.
• A special presentation to Vice Mayor Aelion by the Brazilian Soccer Team.
THERE WILL BE ONE ZONING HEARING:
• Request of Palazzo Di Acqualina for property located at 17901 Collins Avenue for site plan approval for a 51-story residential condominium with 190 units, utilization of public TDRs for 15,797 square feel of floor area and zero dwelling units, an extension of 48 additional months to pull a building permit, from the date of expiration of the development order based upon site plan approval and request for use of graphics and murals on a temporary construction fence.
THERE ARE TWO ORDINANCES FOR SECOND READING:
• Amending Chapter 156, Article I, of the Code of Ordinances entitled “Fees, Miscellaneous”, to create expedited, specialized permitting services for interior remodeling.
• Amending Ordinance No. 2013-412; Amending the City’s Budget No. BA1314-05 for the 2013/2014 Fiscal Year – Capital Projects Fund and 2010 Capital Projects Fund.
THERE ARE TWENTY-ONE RESOLUTIONS ON THE AGENDA:
• Request to approve the renewal of the commercial package policy, Workers Compensation and Miscellaneous Insurances with Brown & Brown for upcoming Fiscal Year.
• Request to authorize the Mayor as the City’s delegate to the Miami-Dade League of Cities and the Vice Mayor as the alternate to attend meetings during FY 2014/2015.
• Request to establish a schedule for City Commission Meetings for calendar year 2015.
• Request to approve the third amendment to the agreement with Action Labor Management d/b/a/ Staffing Connection for school crossing guard services.
• Request to authorize the City Manager to expend the not to exceed amount from $60,750 to $64,650 with Bonnie Bennett Creative to provide graphic design services for the City in FY 2013/2014.
• Request to ratify the agreement with GraphPlex Signs for the purchase and installation of sign posts for the new skateboarding ordinance.
• Request to approve charitable contribution to NMB “Challenger Program” in the form of free field time at Chief Fred Maas Baseball Field.
• Request to approve a charitable contribution to the Sunny Isles Beach Social Seniors Events, Inc.
• Request to ratify an agreement with PAC Comm Inc. to provide construction services for the intracoastal seawall emergency repair project.
• Request to award bid and approve agreement with X-Clean Corporation for janitorial maintenance services.
• Request to approve the second amendment to agreement with Stockton Maintenance Group for janitorial maintenance services on a month-to-month basis.
• Request to award and approve an agreement with Tropic Fence, Inc. for Arlen House Gates.
• Request to approve first amendment to agreement with R.J. Behar & Co. Inc., for additional engineering and architectural services for Samson Oceanfront Park.
• Request to approve the first amendment to the agreement with Craig A. Smith & Assoc. to provide surveying, engineering and permitting services for the reconstruction of the 174th Street drainage improvement project.
• Request to approve the sale and purchase agreement between the City of Sunny Isles Beach and Plaza of the Americas Club, Inc. to acquire land for the 836 west overpass pedestrian bridge.
• Request to ratify a settlement agreement between the City of Sunny Isles Beach and Jeniffer Viscarra, unit owner, of the Plaza of the Americas condominium.
• Request to approve a request to extend the time period to pull a building permit for the zoning application for Chabad Lubavitch Russian Center of Florida, Inc.
• Request to approve termination of a restrictive covenant for the Golden Strand Ocean Villa and Resort relating to off-street parking.
• Request to approve termination of a restrictive covenant for the Golden Strand Ocean Villa and Resort relating to beach access.
• Request to approve termination of a restrictive covenant for the Golden Strand Ocean Villa and Resort relating to time share.
• Request to authorize the not to exceed amount from $44,000 to $57,000 with the Miami Herald Publishing Co. for retail advertising services.
• Request to authorize Transfer Development Rights in the amount of 15,797 square feet of floor area and 7 units to GSF Acquisition, LLC for the property located at 17901 Collins Avenue from the City’s TDR bank account.